The unique structure of the HIU with four partners is also reflected in the board of directors. It consists of one member from each partner. This top management body of the HIU meets regularly, makes the most important directional decisions and is responsible for external relations and performance monitoring.
- Prof. Dr. Stefano Passerini (Director of HIU, Karlsruhe Institute of Technologie)
- Prof. Dr. Maximilian Fichtner (Deputy Director, Ulm University)
- Prof. Dr. Joachim Ankerhold (Vice President Ulm University)
- Prof. Dr. Oliver Kraft (Vice President Karlsruhe Institute of Technology)
- Prof. Dr. Arnulf Latz (German Aerospace Center)
- Dr. Margret Wohlfahrt-Mehrens (Center for Solar Energy and Hydrogen Research Baden-Württemberg)
The HIU Advisory Board is a scientific advisory body that was set up in February 2013 to advise the Board of Directors on questions relating to the scientific orientation and strategy of the HIU. It consists of externally appointed scientists with a wide range of expertise who examine the research focus of the HIU from the perspective of science and industry.
- Prof. Dr. Paul Heitjans (Chairman, University of Hanover)
- Prof. Dr. Bruno Scrosati (University of Rome Sapienza)
- Dr. Ing. Henrik Hahn (Evonik Litarion GmbH)
- Prof. Dr. Angelika Heinzel (University of Duisburg-Essen)
- Dr. Klaus Brandt (Clariant Produkte GmbH)